"[I] enjoyed spending time with and the action-packed story is full of surprising (and frightening) twists and turns as both Axel and Valentine are hunted by evil immortals and their minions. A suspenseful ending promises more Axel & Valentine swoon to come [...]" Laurie, Goodreads
Published: December 14th, 2021
After almost three centuries of running from my past, I should be used to loneliness. Being a mythological monster isn’t compatible with relationships. But the craving for company grows stronger every day, turning routine into an endless nightmare and making me wish for an end to my immortality.
The explosive encounter with a beautiful, lethal fae who knows what I am and how to destroy me reminded me of that proverb: be careful what you wish for.
I thought fate could not surprise me after almost six hundred years. And then there she is—the echo of the brave young woman I’ve heard legends about. Only she isn’t human anymore, but a vampire, the greatest enemy of my species. After a fight that could have killed us both, and an uneasy truce, I am left with burning curiosity and so is she.
But will curiosity be enough to quench her thirst for my blood and my impulse to kill her before she strikes?
The first installment of the Bonded by Blood and Magic series.
Huntress Prey - Top 10 Vampire Movies & TV Shows
Hello. My name is Selene Kallan and I am a dyslexic fantasy author obsessed with vampires. I am not entirely sure when my love for vamps began. I think Underworld sparked it, but I also have the feeling it was always there.
So here’s my top 10 vampire movies/tv shows.
- I think I’ve watched Underworld about 15 times. Selene is such a badass! She reminds me of Valentine, one of my vampire MCs.
- I love Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. I don’t know about you, but I think it's a tragedy Selene and Sonja never met. I mean, can you imagine these two queens slaying together? It would have been glorious. Also, Lucian! He’s so badass and hawt!
- The list would not be complete without this classic! Bram Stoker’s Dracula is such an experience. Dark, sensual and horrific at times. Gary Oldman is still one of my favorite Draculas.
- I know some hated Blade Trinity, but that was actually the first Blade movie I watched and I loved it! Drake is hilarious.
- The Dracula 2014 TV show was brilliant. Jonathan Meyers was such a fantastic Dracula. Dark, sexy, and protective of those he loves. And of course, they bloody cancelled it. I love it nevertheless.
- Van Helsing! Did you hear that in Dracula’s voice? I did. I love this movie, even though I HATE the ending.
- I loved Blood Ties. Henry was so dreamy. The chemistry between Kyle and Christina was amazing.
- Moonlight. Yet another TV show they cancelled too soon! I love Mick. It was fun and had so much promise. I’m still not over it.
- Byzantium is one of the best vampire movies I’ve ever watched. Dark, complex, and the cinematography is just stunning. The mother-daughter relationship was amazing. As is the way vampires are turned.
- And of course, Interview with the Vampire. Louis and Lestat are such a married couple OMG. I hadn’t noticed until I did a rewatch recently.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this list!
If you like badass vampires like Selene, sassy fae princes, lots of action, enemies-to-lovers romance and more, HUNTRESS PREY is for you.
If you want to read Chapter 1 of HUNTRESS PREY, go HERE
About the author:
Selene Kallan is a fantasy author who daydreams about her imaginary worlds most of the time. Her obsession with vampires, and all things supernatural, has made her an avid reader. She loves writing, discovering new metal bands, and watching superhero movies. She is also feeling a little crazy while writing about herself in third person, but apparently, this is the way to go.
This is HUNTRESS PREY’s official playlist.
Sounds like a good read.
thanks this sounds pretty interesting
I'll add these movies to my watch list
This sounds like a exciting book to read and I also like the cover too.
Post a Comment