Rebels The world is on fire. From the ashes like a phoenix rises a new America, one that will save it all. Under one condition; absolute and complete surrender.
The world complies without question. Those who don’t are destroyed. It is in this world, John is born. His very name is treason.
If the New America, now known to everyone as the State, knew what John was, they’d kill him, but instead they give him a gift.
Live Free or Die: The Matrix of Liberty
During the time we were writing Rebels we had an opportunity to watch a movie called Monumental. In this movie it talked about how to restore our freedoms and one of things they went over was this 180 ton statue made for us by our forefathers. The statue is in Plymouth, Massachusetts and is called The Matrix of Liberty and is made of five parts each representing a quality.
1. Faith: is something more than just hope it is knowing something that is true that cannot be seen. Often times we have allowed ourselves to be directed by things that can be seen but are not necessarily the truth.
2. Morality: often times are things people judge others by while never looking at themselves. We first need to ensure we are on the right path and right side within own selves. Who do we serve today the world or our Creator?
3. Law: is intended to extend both mercy and justice. What people forget is that mercy cannot rob justice otherwise there would be an imbalance.
4. Education: is very important when teaching our children about our freedoms, the Bible and God. It has often been said those who don’t learn from their past are doomed to repeat it.
5. Liberty: is the result of doing all these things. What people fail to realize today, Liberty is based on our daily choices. We choose to either bind ourselves to those that would dictate over us or break such bands to ensure not only for our future but more importantly the future of our posterity.
Rebels represents the possibility of the worlds future based on our choices. The question is will give into tyrants and sell our birth right or rise to do what we know is right and choose Liberty.
Scott Powell was born in Burlington, Vermont, to a father who was a police officer and a mother who emigrated from South Korea. He received a degree in marketing from the University of Las Vegas, Nevada, and a master's degree from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Scott served a two-year Spanish-speaking mission for his church. He is a mixed martial artist who continues to train with his father, a second-degree black belt in Tae kwon do and a kick boxer. Besides being married to Scott for over seventeen years, Judith Powell is a stay-at-home mom whose whole life has been full of stories. Being raised by an Irish storytelling father and a Native American mother, stories have filled her life and her head until they finally had no choice but to flow out through her fingertips.
Blog Tour Giveaway $25 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash Ends 12/29/13 Open only to those who can legally enter, receive and use an Amazon.com Gift Code or Paypal Cash. Winning Entry will be verified prior to prize being awarded. No purchase necessary. You must be 18 or older to enter or have your parent enter for you. The winner will be chosen by rafflecopter and announced here as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Rafflecopter or any other entity unless otherwise specified. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Giveaway was organized by Kathy from I Am A Reader, Not A Writer http://iamareader.com and sponsored by the authors. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. a Rafflecopter giveaway