Expected Publication: October 1st, 2013
One day her prince would come...disguised as a zombie-killer.
Having been disgraced and tossed out by her own scientific community, Gwyn is convinced she can develop a cure for a SuperVirus that has turned the Infected into zombies. By pure luck and determination, she has survived on her own for years, but while out scavenging, a clash with the local zombies leaves her potentially infected. Now, running out of time, she needs help and takes a chance on a hero for hire.
Rafe loves the apocalypse. Since the world went to hell, everything's come up roses for him. Having procured a mansion in the Hollywood hills, adopted a slew of homeless boys and one cantankerous but useful Doc, Mr. Charming is benefiting from the nasty zombie infestation. His job? Killing the bastards, which he considers fun anyway. Gwyn Snow needs Rafe Charming to help retrieve her research from the Paragon Pharmaceuticals lab, also known as Zombie Central. Believing she can yet save the world, Gwyn makes Rafe question what's right and what's worth the fight.
CONTENT WARNING: Prince Charming, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves as you've never seen them before.
A Lyrical Press Fantasy Romance - Once Upon
10 Things About Hero For Hire
1. Hero for hire is both Margaret and Merissa’s first published work. We wrote it on a whim, having seen a call for submissions. It was also our first attempt at writing together and it was a huge amount of fun to do.
2. The call for submissions was for reimagined fairy tales set in a post apocalyptic world. We loved the idea—it sounded like so much fun to write. We settled on Snow White because there are so many themes, characters, and plot points to play with in that story.
3. Given the subject matter, we wanted the story to be really fun and a bit campy. Even though the story framework from Snow White was there, we had a lot of room to maneuver within the framework and the characters took on a life of their own.
5. One of the fun things about writing as a team is challenging your partner by leaving the previous chapter hanging precariously, or in a difficult or awkward position. It’s like literary hot potato. But maybe that’s just because I (Margaret) have an evil streak.
6. When we wrote Hero for Hire Merissa was still living in Texas. Now that she’s in Africa, seven hours in the future, it makes writing together that much more challenging (in addition to our jobs and kids and other stuff). But we’re always up for a challenge.
7. Margaret’s favorite thing about the Hero for Hire story: I love the dynamics within the new “non-traditional” family – Rafe and Gwyn, Doc, the boys. They’re such different people, but they all care about each other. Overlay that on top of the ruined world where there’s no government, no infrastructure, and Mother Nature is in the process of retaking the planet, and it’s a recipe for all kinds of fun.
8. Merissa’s favorite thing about the Hero for Hire story:
9. We both suck at writing titles. We kicked around a truckload of stupid titles before one of us finally came up with Hero for Hire. It was a major relief.
10. Hero for Hire is first in a line of “Tales from Beyond the End” novellas Margaret and Merissa are writing. We hope you love Hero for Hire and check out the others as they are released.
Goodreads ** Amazon ** iTunes ** Website
About the authors:
My name is Merissa McCain. I grew up in the African bush, without T.V, and often without electricity. I now live in the deep South, with my very own superhero, and my three minons. Together, we attempt to take over the world.
When not otherwise occupied with planning world domination, I love to read, write, drink strong coffee and eat dark chocolate--not necessarily in that order and sometimes all at once. I'm a voracious reader, and will devour any type of good fiction I can get my hands on, but I'm particularly partial to happy endings.
I write with a partner (Margaret Madigan) and on my own. We love to hear from our readers, so please shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Hi. I'm Margaret Madigan. Or M.K.D. Bail, depending on what literary genre we're talking about.
I live in the vast Northern Plains where it’s quiet and mostly empty, and very conducive to letting my imagination run wild. As a result, I have difficulty focusing on just one genre of storytelling. Of course, I love romance, so I write a lot of that, but I also write science fiction, a bit of horror, and dabble in other genres just for the fun of it.
When I’m not writing you’ll find me in a college classroom teaching English, or working as a literary agent for an amazing agency…and of course enjoying time with my family.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks for having us!
My favourite thing didn't make it in, but that's ok because I kind of cheated and said everything. ;-)
Hi everybody - I'm so glad to be here, and so excited to share Hero for Hire. I hope you all love it as much as I do. ;-)
Looks like a great book. Love zombie books
Cool! I love the fact that the cover is really related to the description. Would love to read!
Thank you James! Its the first of a line all set in the same post apocalyptic zombie filled world. They've been SO fun to write!
Thanks Bia! We were so excited when we saw what the publisher did with our cover. :-) We'd love for you to read Hero for Hire too. It releases next Tuesday.
Thank you for hosting today
Inca o carte distopica tare.Insa,se pare ca e cu zombi acum
This story sounds absolutely awesome! Definitely a must-read!
Thanks Veronica! I hope you do read it and let us know what you thought. We had such fun writing it!
@Merissa and Margaret - It was our pleasure to meet you
Thanks for the book description and the top 10 listing. I like that intro about the prince coming in a guise of a zombie-slayer.
Seems to be a great book!
Thanks for the giveaway!!! :D
Thanks for this post!!
I like the cover and it looks like a good reading :)
I want this book in Roumania .
Great giveaway thanks! :D
Post a Comment