"Never Play Fair held onto its secrets well revealing them slowly one at a time keeping me in suspense from beginning to end with never a dull moment in between. The twists kept me on the edge of my seat locked into its world as the world around me disappeared." Nancy, Goodreads
Published: September 1st 2022
Can Sydney find her FBI boyfriend in time, or will this gamble be here last?
Instagram Influencer Sydney Evans has seen and lived her share of photo-worthy experiences, but now, she’s found herself entangled in a situation she never saw coming.
After her FBI agent boyfriend, Alex, disappears while working a case involving a notorious Latin gangster, Vincent Estavez, the Department of Defense is forced to change tactics. Determined to bring down Estavez and the illegal online casino crime ring he’s been running by any means necessary, the FBI orchestrates an operation to infiltrate the gangster’s stronghold.
But Sydney only has one motivation for her own investigation: find Alex before he becomes collateral damage.
Desperate to locate her boyfriend in time, she flies to Costa Rica and is forced to seek help from an unlikely ally: her criminal ex-husband, Jack. He may be the last person she wants to see, but she’ll do whatever it takes to find Alex alive.
But Sydney isn’t the only one with motivation against Vincent Estavez.
Never Play Fair is a fast-paced standalone thriller. If you like real-world issues, lavish socialite parties, and electrifying twists and turns, then you’ll love Leah Cupps’ provocative cozy mystery.
NEVER PLAY FAIR is the second book in the Sydney Evans Mystery Series and can be read as a standalone.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Author's 10 things you wish every aspiring writer would know
1. There will never be the perfect time to write a book. Start now.
2. You won’t know if you could be the next Dan Brown or J. K. Rowling unless you actually try to write something.
3. Fear is your worst enemy. You can be afraid of writing, just do it anyway.
4. Your mom will love everything you write. But everybody else may not.
5. Writing is a long road, so be sure to pick something you love.
6. Good character development will make a better book each and every time.
7. Writers don’t always have everything figured out before they start to write.
8. Write at least two or three endings before you decide.
9. There are so many ways to publish nowadays, don’t be limited to publishing with a large publisher.
10. You are your own worst critc.
About the author:
Leah Cupps is an entrepreneur and author. She writes Middle Grade Mystery Adventure Books as well as Thriller, Mystery, Suspense for Adults.
Leah’s novels are fast-paced mysteries that will keep you up at night as you can’t wait to see what happens in the next chapter.
Leah lives in Indiana with her husband, three young children and three dogs. When she isn’t losing sleep writing her next novel or scaling her next business, she enjoys reading, golfing working out and spending time with her family.