" I absolutely LOVED this book. It had mystery, intrigue, a little romance, teenage angst, and even some comedy. Ms Riser has me hooked - I am eagerly anticipating the next installment in The Tracings Series." - Julie, Goodreads
Double, or.... Something
For the most part of his life, Jack Anderson has been plagued by a mysterious disease that makes him a weakling and unable to live the normal life of a teenager. Over the summer, he is shipped off by his parents to a special hospital located in a remote desert-like area where he is to undergo a groundbreaking treatment. After enduring months of questionable medical experiments performed by a group of doctors who are supposed to help him get better but in reality are keeping him sick on purpose all in the name of medical research, Jack escapes from the clandestine medical facility and heads for home.
While Jack was being experimented on against his will, a clone of himself named Hyde was sent to his hometown as an imposter. Enter Jack’s good friend Kayle — “The Freakazoid” — and Claire — Jack’s longtime girlfriend — who begin to see the chinks in facade. To complicate matters, Hyde can’t stand the sight of Claire and begins to develop romantic feelings for Kayle.
When Jack returns home, he comes face to face with his clone and while at first the two boys can’t stand the sight of one another, they soon stumble upon the plan to destroy them both and become allies to fight for their right to co-exist.
Tell us something really interesting that's happened to you!
I happen to be fortunate enough to live in an area where there are a number of celebrity appearances. A while back, I decided there’s no point in denying myself the opportunity to see some of these people regardless of if I’m a super fan or not. I find celebrity culture fascinating since famous people are just as human as we are, right? So here’s a list of people I’ve interacted with:
· Big Time Rush (twice): handshakes and me saying really stupid stuff all around. You say you won’t get star struck and you inevitably do.
· The cast of Victorious: definitely all super sweet and fun people. Also very real.
· The cast of Degrassi the Next Generation: my funny story for this is I was with my eldest who was a toddler at the time. The girls were all gushy over him while the guys were very confused as to what to do with a baby.
· Zac Efron: We held eye contact for five seconds and he waved at me in response to my waving to him. Side note: he is short and skinny. They say if you see a person, they’ll later show up in your dreams, so I sure hope this is true. :P
· Arnold Schwarzenegger: Filmed a scene and then chilled with a cigar. Didn’t get very close, but he was also not as big of a guy as it seems.
· Joe from Blue’s Clues: saw him in a play. We arrived early and saw him rehearsing in the park over lunch.
· For King and Country: met the lead singer before a concert. Got a picture with the kids who are super fans.
I’m sure I’m missing a few, and it might sound silly, but it was a lot of fun. It also might be research for future projects. You’ll just have to stay tuned.
About the author:
Cloud S. Riser is a Minnesota native. She has lived in Minnesota her whole life. She will probably remain there for her whole life too. The mother of The Squid, Skyscraper, and two cats, her life is definitely never dull. An adventure she braves with her husband. In order to stay sane, she creates massive amounts of fiction which she has decided to share with the rest of the world for the simple reason of she is a storyteller.