Goodreads, Lynn Worton
Cover designed by Najla Qamber Designs
Release Date September 14th, 2015
A journey through time.
A scarlet letter.
A soul crushing betrayal.
The thrilling Legends Saga concludes in a mash-up of literary all-stars. The works of Washington Irving, Edgar Allen Poe, HG Wells, and Nathaniel Hawthorne come to life in an intricately weaved backstory of love, lies, and deception. The driving force of all involved? Passion. But when that passion is cloaked in darkness, madness reigns.
1. From „The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” (1820) to „The Legend Saga” – Why such subject and what does your series bring to the Ichabod Crane fame?
Since I was a little girl I have been fascinated by Sleepy Hollow and all things Horseman! This project is an act of love that sheds a new light not just on Sleepy Hollow but also other legendary literary works from such authors as; Edgar Allen Poe, HG Wells, and Nathaniel Hawthorne.
2. The cover of Steam is in the same tones with the first two, but still it seems to be a bit more... mundane... in a steampunk way... Tell us about the correlation between the covers and the stories and how difficult it is to find „the cover”.
This particular book twists the works of HG Wells and Nathaniel Hawthorne into an intricate back story. I need a cover that has hints of Steampunk for Wells, as well as intrigue for Hawthorne. Thanks to my brilliant cover designer, Najla Qamber Designs, she made that come together beautifully!
3. And, please, tell us about the verses that we’ll find in the stories. Kind of in the E.A. Poe style, what is their role?
The main characters are cursed by some of literatures greatest hits! What it means to have the curse of Poe? Well, it’s dark and twisted … and you’ll have to read the series to find out!
4. You said about yourself that you write to get the crazy out just enough so you can function. How crazy are your stories and why did you write them in a YA note?
I really enjoy tales of the dark and twisted. While I didn’t target YA with The Legends Saga as I did with The Gryphon Series, the “fade to black” sexy moments to give parents the peace of mind that they don’t have to worry about their teens reading this series for THAT reason. However, there is violent content. But with the Headless Horseman involved that’s pretty much mandatory.
5. What do you think about today’s YA Paranormal /Paranormal horror literature and what do you want to achieve with “The Legend Saga” and in particular with “Steam”?
I really love reading YA! That’s my automatic “go to” section in the book store because there aren’t the rules there are with adult fiction. In YA anything goes and I LOVE that!
About the author:
Young Adult and Teen Reader voted Author of the Year 2012
Turning Pages Magazine Winner for Best YA book of 2013 & Best Teen Book of 2013
Stacey Rourke lives in Michigan with her husband, two beautiful daughters, and two giant, dogs. She loves to travel, has an unhealthy shoe addiction and considers herself blessed to make a career out of talking to the imaginary people that live in her head. Mark your calendars! Her latest literary adventure, Crane, will release May 26, 2014. She is currently hard at work on the continuations of this thrilling Legends Saga, as well as other literary projects.