"Right in time for Halloween, or perfect for anytime of the year. Theme parks and monsters! This book took me hostage from the beginning and kept me hooked until the end. Okon has delivered a riveting tale that includes werewolves, zombies and monsters. And the writing in this horror novel is top notch." - Sarah, Goodreads
Published: October 13th, 2017
Welcome to Monsterland—the scariest place on Earth.
The last couple years of high school have not been fun for Wyatt Baldwin. His parents divorce, then his dad mysteriously dies. He’s not exactly comfortable with his new stepfather, Carter White, either. An on-going debate with his best friends Howard Drucker and Melvin over which monster is superior has gotten stale. He’d much rather spend his days with beautiful and popular Jade. However, she’s dating the brash high-school quarterback Nolan, and Wyatt thinks he doesn’t stand a chance.
But everything changes when Wyatt and his friends are invited to attend the grand opening of Monsterland, a groundbreaking theme park where guests can rock out with vampires at Vampire Village, be chased by actual werewolves on the Werewolf River Run, and walk among the dead in Zombieville.
With real werewolves, vampires and zombies as the main attractions, what could possibly go wrong?
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Monsterland
10. I came up with idea of Monsterland while watching an 80s & 90s movie marathon one weekend with my son.
9. I called my brother immediately and told him I want to write a story about a theme park with zombies. He told me no, the theme park has to have werewolves, vampires AND zombies. I started beating out the story that night.
8. It took me a little over three weeks to complete Monsterland.
7. I self-published Monsterland in 2015 and it became a best-seller on Amazon.
6. Within two years of self-publishing, I got a literary agent, an entertainment attorney, a film agent, a publicist, a two-book publishing deal, and film interest from a well-known producer.
5. Monsterland went from being an indie book in 2015 to the number one pre-ordered book in Teen & Young Adult Zombie Fiction on Amazon in 2017.
4. My brother designed the cover with an artist.
3. There are two massive twists at the end of the book that most readers never see coming.
2. Monsterland 2 is completed and comes out May 26, 2018.
1. I have eight Monsterland books planned.
About the author:
Michael Okon is an award-winning and best-selling author of multiple genres including paranormal, thriller, horror, action/adventure and self-help. He graduated from Long Island University with a degree in English, and then later received his MBA in business and finance. Coming from a family of writers, he has storytelling is his DNA. Michael has been writing from as far back as he can remember, his inspiration being his love for films and their impact on his life. From the time he saw The Goonies, he was hooked on the idea of entertaining people through unforgettable characters.
Michael is a lifelong movie buff, a music playlist aficionado, and a sucker for self-help books. He lives on the North Shore of Long Island with his wife and children.
His latest book is Monsterland.