Published: November 25th, 2013
After surviving a horrific car accident twelve years ago, that claimed the lives of her mother and brother, heiress to the multi-billion dollar Montgomery Empire, Evangeline, promised never to go back to the city filled with memories of her tragic past. However, after an unexpected event, Evangeline reluctantly finds herself back in New York City.
Since the accident, Evangeline has feared the media attention that comes with having the Montgomery name, and would give everything up to bring back her loved ones. Delicate and camera shy, the last person she needs in her life is New York Yankees hotshot, Ryan Fox.
Witty and extremely arrogant, the notorious bad boy is well-versed at playing the game both on and off the field. Ryan isn't fazed by the media circus following his every move and couldn't be anymore different to the quiet, shy girl that is Evangeline. Everything about him screams trouble with a capital T, but it’s away from the cameras that Evangeline begins to see the real man hiding behind the cocky façade— one that is haunted by a dark and terrible secret.
Life led them to one another, but will further events and opening up about their past bring them closer, or tear them apart and have them sliding into darkness all over again?
Top 5 Things I Can’t Live Without
1. Chocolate. I’ve said this before in an Author Interview, but it’s the truth. I can’t say no to it and I definitely couldn’t live without it.
2. On the subject of food, another one I can’t live without is ice cream, Ben & Jerry’s in particular!
3. My phone and laptop. The feeling I get when I accidentally leave my phone at home or the battery suddenly dies is overwhelming. It immediately dampens my mood. My laptop is the same. I use it for everything! It has so many important things stored inside it. I’m not proud of how dependent I’ve become with these two pieces of technology.
4. My family and friends. If I didn’t have them in my life, I would struggle to continue living. I love them with all my heart and am thankful that I am blessed to have such special people in my life.
5. Music! (With movies only half a step behind.) Seriously, what IS life without it? It controls my emotions, it helps me to write, and I love singing and dancing to it. Watching movies is right up there too. I’m a huge movie buff! I’m go to the movies almost as often as I go to work.
And there you have it, the top 5 things I can’t live without. What are your top 5 things? Tweet or Facebook me and we can compare. :-)
About the author:
Michelle Congdon resides in Sydney, Australia. She has a Dalmatian named Jett, who to this day continues to hold an 8 year grudge against her after she had to leave him with her parents when she moved to the big city- this only proves animals are much like their owners. Michelle enjoys reading books of all sorts of genres, watching way too many movies and TV shows (and Disney cartoons), singing out aloud to her favorite hits and going on adventures involving food and travel. Michelle is loud, talks a lot and shares an ever-growing list of fictional husbands with a friend. From when she was a small girl, she has always had an overactive imagination and has tried to put it to good use by sharing her stories with anyone willing to listen.
a Rafflecopter giveaway