<>

Albert Camus

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Monday, July 8, 2013

The Lone Ranger (2013)

REVIEW:

I have never taken in account the critics, nor do I think I will ever do. I come from an art line of work and I know what drive them to write positive or mainly negative about something. So I went to the movie just with the thought to spend a couple relaxing hours and that's what I got. What movie am I talking about? It is The Lone Ranger directed by Gore Verbinski, with Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer.

There is no philosophy, no art film (I would not have gone to a movie that raises some existential problems to relax and I think you wouldn’t do it either). It’s a welcome summer movie, just good for spending a few pleasant hours in the city with your loved ones. The film runs only for a few days, but I see that has spawned a whole fuss around it. What were their expectations? Do not tell me that someone relates this movie to the various remakes that have been made till now, because it will be absurd.

It's an action packed movie, a western in which moments of action and comedy are combined in a successful manner and the stunts are in tune with everything that represents the bravery and boldness of the gun slingers in the Old Wild West. It's well done, well played by actors who know their job, with great special effects, and technically we have nothing to complain about.

Now, should I play the bad cop part? If I would do that, I could say that the film takes a fantasy turn, but forget the explanations, or I could say that some issues that must be resolve in this way, are lost on the road. The producers have fallen into their own trap of success and I think this could be one of the reasons that caused discussions. There are used too many ingredients from the Pirates of the Caribbean’s recipe. For example, there are a bit too evident some of the themes used in the soundtrack. For someone with musical education will not be difficult to recognize them (are subtle, but they are there). And the most important would be how Johnny Depp played Tonto. Do not get me wrong, you’ll adore him in this role too, but he looks a little too much with Jack Sparrow. I do not know if he was asked to play in this way and this is the reason, but Johnny Depp is a great actor with a wide interpretive range. Don’t you think? If you’ll take a look over his filmography, you’ll see I’m right. It would be a shame to stay stuck in one way of playing, albeit we all love Captain Jack Sparrow.

Enough talking! There is no need nor do I want to change your opinion one way or another. I liked the movie, and I recommend to those who love the Wild West stories, and to the fans of Johnny Depp who will not be disappointed with his performance. As I said, it is a good movie that will surely relax you and make you forget your everyday problems.

Happy viewing!

ROMANIAN:
Nu m-am luat niciodată după părerile criticilor și nici nu cred că o s-o fac vreodată. Vin din lumea artistică și știu ce-i mână să scrie despre ceva pozitiv sau în special negativ. Așa că am fost la film doar cu gândul de a petrece două ore relaxante și asta am și avut. Filmul? Este vorba despre Legenda călărețului singuratic (iar mă zăpăcesc traducătorii noștri care au această dambla de a schimba titlul). Titlul original este The Lone Ranger, deci unde este cuvântul legendă? Și nici ranger nu înseamnă călăreț, dar s-a împământenit la noi titulatura așa că trecem peste asta.

Nu este nicio filosofie, nici film de artă (nu m-aș fi dus la un film care ridică nu știu ce probleme existențiale să mă relaxez și cred că nici voi nu o faceți), este un film binevenit pentru vară, pentru a te simți bine cu cei dragi câteva ore în oraș. Filmul rulează numai de câteva zile, dar văd că a iscat o întreagă tevatură în jurul lui. La ce se așteptau? Să nu spuneți că cineva face vreo legătură sau se raportează la mulțimea de remake-uri căci atunci ar deveni caraghios.

Este un film de aventuri, un western în care momentele de acțiune și cele comice sunt îmbinate într-un mod reușit, iar cascadoriile sunt în ton cu tot ceea ce reprezintă vitejia şi îndrăzneala pistolarilor din Vestul Sălbatic. Este bine făcut, bine jucat cu actori care își știu meseria, cu efecte speciale perfect realizate, ce mai, din punct de vedere tehnic nu avem nimic de reproșat.

Acum să joc și rolul polițistului rău? Da, am putea spune că filmul o ia la un moment dat pe panta fantasticului, însă explicațiile sunt date uitării, sau că unele chestiuni ce-și așteaptă rezolvarea în acest mod sunt pierdute pe drum. Realizatorii au căzut în propria capcană a succesului și cred că acesta ar putea fi unul din motivele ce au provocat discuții. Sunt cam multe elemente folosite din rețeta Piraților din Caraibe. De exemplu ies în evidență unele teme din coloana sonoră și pentru cineva cu ureche muzicală nu va fi dificil să le recunoască (sunt subtile, dar sunt) și cel mai important ar fi modul în care Johnny Depp își interpretează personajul, indianul Tonto. Nu mă înțelegeți greșit, o să-l adorați și aici, dar te cam duce cu gândul la Jack Sparrow. Nu știu dacă așa i s-a cerut să joace sau care a fost motivul, dar Johnny Depp este un actor foarte bun și cu o largă paletă interpretativă. Nu credeți? Uitați-vă peste filmografia lui și o să-mi dați dreptate. Ar fi păcat să rămână înțepenit într-un singur fel de a juca, oricât de mult ne-ar plăcea tuturor căpitanul Jack Sparrow.

Gata cu vorbăria! Nu este necesară și nici nu vreau să vă schimb părerea într-un fel sau altul. Mie mi-a plăcut filmul, celor care îndrăgesc poveștile cu cowboy și indieni îl recomand, iar fanii lui Johnny Depp nu vor fi dezamăgiți de prestația sa actoricească. După cum v-am mai spus, este un film bun care cu siguranță vă va relaxa și face să mai uitați de problemele cotidiene.

Vizionare plăcută!

2 comments:

Lisa Mandina said...

I enjoyed the movie. It was a fun movie, I just didn't think too much about it. Great review!

Unknown said...

Nu l-am vazut,dar dupa recenzie imi palce foarte mult.