To say Leath is traveling light is an understatement. She’s only bringing three things on her trip. One is a silver heart locket—a gift from her longtime best-friend-turned-boyfriend Victor Santana. Next is a wedding token in the shape of a J, from James Turner. And of course, she’s packing her pistol.
Release Date: July 20th, 2018
A fast-paced fantasy romance with rich characters and immersive storytelling,Searching is the second book in theFading series by award-winning author Cindy Cipriano.
To say Leath is traveling light is an understatement. She’s only bringing three things on her trip. One is a silver heart locket—a gift from her longtime best-friend-turned-boyfriend Victor Santana. Next is a wedding token in the shape of a J, from James Turner. And of course, she’s packing her pistol. That’s it. She knows that when she leaves Woodvine, even her own mother may not remember her in the shifted reality that will be left behind. Bringing anything else would be pointless. But she’s driven now, by something that eclipses everything else, something she just got back: her memories. And now that she remembers James—she won’t stop searching until she finds him.
Author's Favorite lines from Searching:
1. I wanted to touch him. So I did. (pg. 1)
2. The first time I held hands with Victor Santana, it wasn’t romantic. Not at all. (pg. 3)
3. Victor’s strong hand cradled mine, and he became my tether to reality. (pg. 3)
4. His warm lips brushed against my ear as he whispered three little words. “I can wait.” (pg. 6)
5. Name James Turner. Age 17. Parents Emancipated Minor. (pgs. 10-11)
6. “I don’t usually get this close to a girl, unless I’m going to kiss her,” said the boy, giving me a playful grin. (pg. 23)
7. When we were apart, it seemed as if all of eternity passed before I saw him again. (pg. 110)
8. To one boy, I’d gladly give my heart. To the other, my life. (pg. 130)
9. I wondered how long a person could live like this, so completely torn in half. (pg. 130)
10. She could have any boy in the restaurant. Why was she falling all over mine? (pg. 147)
11. But right now I had him. The boy of my dreams. (pg. 174)
12. “I will never stop loving you,” he said. “Not even in death.” (pg. 268)
About the author:
Cindy Cipriano lives in North Carolina with her husband, son and their 27 pets.
Just three dogs who think they are children and three cats who think they are raccoons. It only seems as if they make 27. When Cindy isn't writing, she enjoys spending time with her family and the avoidance of cooking.
Cindy's first novel, The Circle, Book One of The Sidhe won the 2014 Moonbeam Children's Book Silver Award for Pre-Teen Fiction - Fantasy. Other titles in the series include The Choice, Book Two of The Sidhe (2015) and The Lost, Book Three of The Sidhe (2017). This seven-book series is published by Odyssey Books.
Miller's Island Mysteries #1 The Case of the Toxic River (2017) is the first in her eleven-book science mystery series (Vulpine Press). #2 The Case of the Catalyst will release in 2018.
Look for Fading, the first in her young adult series, in April 2018. (Clean Teen Publishing). Fading is the tale of first loves and the consequence of dreaming up Mr. Right.
Author's Giveawaya Rafflecopter giveaway