<>

Albert Camus

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

It will cost him his freedom - A Fairy Tale Romance by Elodie Parkes

18++ "A fairytale set in modern times, Elodie Parke's A Fairytale Romance captivated from the beginning to the end. And don't we all need a fairytale this Christmas? An absolute must read for anyone who believes in a sizzling romance!" - Goodreads

Description:

Published: December 15th, 2014
Cover Artist: Jay Aheer for Evernight Publishing

When delectable Thorn Valmont buys an old palace to renovate on the Mediterranean coast, he never dreams it will cost him his freedom.

Thorn is part of an aristocratic family. He’s a prince and must find his princess to solve a puzzle he inherits from the ancient owners of the Mediterranean palace.

Will he find her in time to stop his loneliness destroying him completely?

AUTHOR's INTERVIEW

Are you working on another book right now?
I’m working on three books, right now. Two are contemporary erotic romance, and one is romance Sci-Fi.

Naturally, they are all love stories, with HEA. I have to have that in my books.

I’m not writing much though, because of my day job, where I have shifts, and I’m editing for the releases in the latter part of this year.

What do you enjoy most about writing?
My characters and setting becoming so real to me.

What do you like the least?
Marketing. It’s so time consuming and quite soul destroying when you’d rather be writing. (Smiles)

Would you like to see any of your books as movies?
None of them. I’d be there fussing about the script staying true to the book, or the casting. (Laughs).

What things do you like to do to relax?
I find writing relaxing, but I also like to get out into the countryside near where I live. I enjoy visiting the historic places too. I read, watch movies and I love music. I’m often singing along with something as I drive. 

Do you have another job as well as writing?
Yes, I have to. I work for an antiques emporium. It’s very tourist driven, so right now I have late night hours and work all weekend and holidays. I do shifts, usually start about midday or two in the afternoon, and work through until ten or eleven. It means I’ve taken a hiatus from writing so my stories mentioned above are waiting for me. I can feel them there wanting to be written.

If you could have one super power in your existence, what would it be?
It would have to be healing. 

If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?
I live in the country where I want to, maybe I’d move down the coast to Cornwall or Devon, closer to the ocean, which I love.

What kind of car would you have if money was no object?
I have the car I want. I’m a Jeep person and always drive them.

What’s your favorite color?
I have two I love, oh wait three, blue, purple and green.

Can you think of a song or piece of music that could be your theme tune?
It changes for me every time someone in an interview asks, (laughs) right now it’s The Eagles: Tequila Sunrise. That’s because I usually see the sunrise after arriving home very late at night, editing, networking, or real life stuff, like my laundry, and then I flop to sleep for a few hours. (laughs again) Check out my dark shadows.

EXCERPT




TOUR SCHEDULE

Sandy Carson unlocked her office door, flipped the notice secured in the middle of the glass panel to ‘Open,’ and clattered to her desk. Her stiletto heels echoed in the large half-empty space. She employed an assistant who generally started work at nine, and that’s why she’d made the eight o’clock appointment with poor Thorn Valmont. That’s how she thought of him now. At first, she’d regarded him as ‘that totally dishy young man who’d bought the old palace.’ After ten years of knowing his secret, she pitied him, though he was still gorgeous, his plight was nothing short of grotesque.

She tossed her briefcase down and pushed the button on her computer. Leaving it to boot, she went to make coffee in the back room of the office. Sandy enjoyed the cool, white, spacious office. She’d chosen the minimalist look for it. At fifty years old, Sandy discarded her unfaithful husband and changed every facet of her surroundings at home and in her business.

She took her coffee back to her desk and checked through the contract again. At last, Thorn was opening up the vacation accommodation he’d made in the old palace. Three self-contained luxury apartments were available within the huge house. Thorn lived in another on the third floor. Sandy had sold him the place and now she was going to act as the agent to let out the vacation apartments. She hoped to involve him in greeting the tenants, but Thorn might do nothing more than allow access to the cleaners at the end of each rental. She sighed, thinking about the sad figure he cut when he did appear in town. Tall, muscled, dark hair, and lovely blue eyes, his handsome exterior still couldn’t hide his pain. Well, not from me anyway ... maybe that’s because I know.

The door of the office opened and the man she’d been picturing entered. He smiled as he approached her desk.

Sandy recognized the effort Thorn had made to look businesslike and she stood to shake his hand in greeting.

“Thorn, good to see you, would you like a cup of coffee?”

“Yes, please, Sandy.”

She waved at the chair alongside her desk.

“Sit down, and read the contract. I’ll go get you a cup of coffee.” She handed him the hard copy she’d printed out for signing.

Thorn took it.

Sandy saw his hand trembling. She couldn’t help patting him on the shoulder before she went to the kitchen. “It’ll be okay.” I hope —

When she got back with his cup of coffee, he’d closed the folder, and placed it on her desk. She put the cup down alongside it.

“Have you changed your mind?”

Thorn looked sadly into her eyes.


Her heartbeat sped up. A strange, little tug tightened her stomach. Not for the first time she wished she was twenty years younger. Thorn was exactly her type physically, and such a lovely man, but he was only thirty. I can look though, can’t I?

About the author:
Elodie Parkes is a British author writing romance, erotic, contemporary, and often with a twist of mystery, paranormal or suspense. Her books are always steamy — cool stories and hot love scenes. 

Elodie lives in Canterbury with her two dogs. She works in an antique emporium by day and writes at night, loving the cloak of silent darkness that descends on the rural countryside around her home. 

She has also released titles as an individual indie author.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for interviewing Elodie Parkes and participating in the Tour. Victoria at My Family's Heart.

Elodie Parkes said...

Hi :-)
Thank you for hosting A Fairy Tale Romance