Cover Reveal - "She trudged through the throng of people who had witnessed and cheered for her sister’s death, and rage slowly filled the emptiness. Rage at these people, at Morek, but most of all, rage at Mannix. He consumed her thoughts.
She would escape, and he would pay for this."
Release Date: February 2015
Most people would give anything to see the future.
Fifteen-year-old Clio would give anything to be blind to it.
Fifteen-year-old Clio has spent her entire life serving her mother, the Oracle of Sheehan, and she’s hated every moment of it. She wants nothing to do with a life of servitude to the heartless deities and their bloody errands.
But when her mother and sisters are murdered by the King’s advisor, Mannix, Clio is left alone and heir to a power she never wanted and doesn’t understand. On the run from Mannix, Clio must race to the very place where Oracles are absolutely forbidden. If she’s found out, she will be sacrificed atop the pyramid of Morek.
Her survival depends on Riece, an enemy warrior whose parents were murdered by an Oracle. Despite the growing feelings between them, Clio knows that if he finds out what she really is, he won’t hesitate to kill her.
But the visions she keeps having of Mannix bringing a barbarian army into Sheehan torture her conscience. She alone has the strength and foresight to stop him, but only if she can embrace her destiny and sacrifice everything.
About the author:
1. I graduated from Princeton University in June 2014 with a bunch of people who are a lot smarter than I am.
2. I’m just starting out so I’m not “the best-selling author” of anything, but…
3. I did once stand in line to meet Joss Whedon at a comic book signing when I was in middle school and got him to autograph a Buffy the Vampire Slayer poster for me.
4. I was the flute section leader in my high school’s marching band.
5. Besides YA, some of my favorite reading material comes from Jane Austen and the Preacher comic book series. I also like to spend my free time playing video games like The Last of Us
6. I have two rescue German Shepherds. One is really sweet and the other thinks he’s a NAVY SEAL and that every cat, skateboarder and motorcyclist is a terrorist.
7. L + R = J.
Cover Reveal organized by Itching for Books